1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" advice (Sony KV32FX68?)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Biccy, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, help please if poss.......am new to buying AV hardware, have sorted s.sound, DVD recorder & Sky+, am now deciding on TV. Have been looking at Sony KV32FX68 & found at v.goog price but just wanted to check something. It has RGB inputs (which been told is good for picture), but keep reading about ''component'' input & that its the best. Can anyone tell me if it will make that much difference & worth getting TV with this, or is RGB good enough for watching DVD's etc.. Also if anyone can recommend or has any comments about this TV then that would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    got mine last week, paid £539.99 including the stand. it is amazing for the price. i use rgb scart leads as there are 2 of them on board and i have my dvd player my dolby digital amp/dvd and my sky box all directly plugged into each scart, the sky picture is not 100% although only when i go close to it but to be fair i have the crap scart lead that came with the box for that but on my gold plated rgb's i have super duper crispness.
    it isnt exactly a plasma and they do look dwarfish compare next to a bad boy plasma 42 inch but for the money i would say it is well worth it, just a shame the remote control seems to be 2 foot too long and made of nasty plastic although my mosiac has now been programmed and the sony remote has been cast into the remote grave yard that is my kitchen draw.

3. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have read alot of reviews about good picture & been to see it in Comet to see how it looks & was impressed with looks of TV. Only concern (having had no previence experience with decent TV's, & therefore believing all i read) was this thing about it not having component input & whether its worth extra money finding TV with one? Have found it priced at £578 with stand, but extra for delivery, or £20 off (so £558) if i pick it up. Can i ask where you got it from at that price? Ta.

4. philangst

philangst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Apparantley this Sony model is discontinued but sounds great value at this price.

5. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i got it form lets buyit.com although i have since noticed that they have changed the deal and it is now that price with out the stand, i picked it up in birmingham and saved the 30 quid delivery but as i said, it is now 539.99 without the stand. buggers.