1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" 50hz Widescreen for £400

Discussion in 'TVs' started by j_duqueno, Apr 10, 2005.

1. j_duqueno

j_duqueno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After months of looking around i've decided 100hz / 75hz TV's are not for me. It doesn't seem worth while spending a extra £300+ for a TV that may not look any better and will still be out of date a few years time when HD TV finally arrives.

I’m now ready to commit my cash on a good 50hz set.
    I have narrowed my search down to:
    Philips 32PW6518C 50hz £400
    Toshiba 32Z44 50hz £400

At the moment I think I favour the Philips, I’ve had good experiences with their sets in the past.

What do you guys think of the Philips 32PW6518C?

Should I be looking at anything else?

Thanks

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Ok, here goes. I got the 6518 last week, it looks very similar to the 6518c. This is my first widescreen and it took me ages to get one because of all the niggles. The phillips is very good but as usual because of all the gadgetry it will exaggerate the defects from a bad source, eg when watching the footie on sky u can see the grass appear digitised but the phillips has loads of tweaks so using soft focus helps a lot. I have a dvd linked via s video to scart and the picture is stunning.

As I said the tv has some very nifty features but the best is the way u can enalrge a 4:3 pic in steps and the distortion is minimal.

I could go on but it is a good tv. I checked the sony 32 kx15, and a panasonic 32pm1, I could have got these model nos mixed.

I did not know about the Toshiba so did not get a chance to view. One thing I like about the tosh is the slim surround as Phillips has wide bits either side. however saw a few posts on here about probs with the tosh.

Best thing is view them in a shop, I saw all three side by side and the sony looked best but the phillips won on the features and a recent review in what etc.

good luck