32/40" TV for Xbox + TV

ahampstead

Standard Member
I'm after a 40" or 32" TV for gaming and movie watching. I'll probably hook up a jailbroken Apple TV to it so most of the streamed stuff will be 720p. If 1080p makes a difference for gaming then I would like full HD as it also future proofs it if Apple bring out a device that streams 1080p well.

I'm not sure if I want plasma or LCD. I guess that's up to your recommendation. I am obviously conscious about response time which is why I've come here. I have looked at Samsung LE40D550 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics but I have read that its predecessor has a better processor and better response times. Is this true, is the Samsung LE40C580 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics a better TV in all ways and good for gaming? If so I could just buy that, there's a like new one for £360.

Anyone else got any other LCD or perhaps plasma suggestions or should I opt for the C580? Willing to spend up to about £400 but could push it a bit more as this will be my main TV (though in my bedroom).

BigGuns10

Standard Member
Plasma is the best for gaming.
Here a couple of TVs around your budget.

Buy SAMSUNG PS43D450A2 | 43" PLASMA TV - Plasma TVs | Comet

Buy LG 42PT353 | 42" PLASMA TV - Plasma TVs | Comet

About that C580, here are a couple of user ratings.

Samsung LE-C580 Series LCD TV (32", 37", 40", 46") Reviews & Tests - alaTest.co.uk

It looks like it has the upper hand in gaming, but i suggest you look at the plasmas listed above and do some further research (Cnet, Techradar, Reevoo, Trusted Reviews)

Good Luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom