32"-40" bedroom tv that is good for gaming?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by SID 6581, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SID 6581

SID 6581

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice, my present 2006 32" Samsung (Samsung LE32R41BDX 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with FREEVIEW: Amazon.co.uk: TV) has developed a black mark which is now covering around 2/3 of the screen, probably due to me leaving it on every night to listen to the radio whilst sleeping! Anyway it needs replacing!

I had made my mind up to get a Samsung UE39F5500 from Currys (Buy SAMSUNG UE39F5500 Smart 39" LED TV | Free Delivery | Currys) but have since read that the input lag on this set is bad for gaming. Further reading it seems this is a common thing with LED's?? My old set was fine for gaming, I'm not a super serious gamer though so perhaps it was just as bad on my present set and I never noticed?!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a LED TV for gaming please? Must have Freeview HD and a VESA 200 x 200 mount and the ability to turn off the panel when listening to the radio (see above :laugh:) Not to worried about SMART or not, would be nice, but probably wouldn't use it much anyway or will get a YouView box at a later date.

Thanks for reading :)

2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    This years Sony have the best rep for gaming this year among the LEDs. Look at their range. W6, w8, w9