32” tv.... bad frame rate, sport terrible!

jambomakaveli

Recently bought a tv for the kitchen dinette area... that way the wife can mostly use the living room tv. Due to space, and it being wall mounted we only wanted a 32”.

wife went to Tesco and bought a:

sharp 32” lcd. Model number : 32BC2KO

seemed ok at first until I started watching any sort of sport. Football and rugby league are both horrific. I can only best describe it as really bad frame rate. To me it’s completely Off putting and unwatchable. Wife says it’s fine of course.

I’m looking to take it back for a refund, and was hoping for some suggestions on what I should be looking out for when getting a replacement. Obviously sports and fast motion is a big point, so need that to be good.

Only looking to go with a 32” so am not fussed on 4k etc. Just want to be able to watch sport properly.

Blows my mind that this is classed as acceptable. To me it’s really poor.

thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Sony TVs tend to have good motion handling but are more costly.
Sharp TVs are poor, made by Vestel and rebadged.
I have a LG 32LM6300 in the bedroom and it’s fine for MOTD for me.

Take a look at what Richer Sounds have on offer
This Sony has good motion processing

jambomakaveli

Thanks a lot mate. Appreciate it. I’ll have a look at that.

you know what women are like... wife went to Tesco... saw this and thought oh that’s cheap.

then hit me with.... a tv is a tv! Lol

dts

Distinguished Member
The same old story,you always get what you pay for...cheap tvs are cheap for a reason...the trouble is bad tvs give customer's a lack of confidence in a product...better going for Samsung,Sony,LG tvs even their 32" tvs will trouce any cheap tv.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
What settings have you played with on the TV?

Start with this forums picture perfect guide Picture Perfect Step 1

Cheap TV motion compensation stuff may be best off or minimum or....

Also read this forums TV buyers guides?

jambomakaveli

I agree with you get what you pay for.... but I’m honestly astonished how bad this is, and how it can be sold, be this bad when watching sports and then sorta passed off as well it’s a budget set, what do you expect.
It feels like I’m watching a not great stream on a laptop.

With regards to playing with settings... there’s literally none. Or none that I can find. Just brightness, contrast etc.

I’ll defo have a look at threads on here. Cheers. 👍🏻

vickster

Distinguished Member
The buyers guide is here...unfortunately there’s little to nothing (positive) on 32s

vickster

Distinguished Member
Fair enough, maybe I’m thinking of a different brand

jambomakaveli

Just wanted to give an update.... as it’s nice to see what the outcome is. Lol.

took the sharp back for a refund, and bought the Sony Bravia 32” you linked to, from argos though.

I have to say, I literally can’t fault it!

it’s perfect for us! Cracking picture, really nice looking tv, and most importantly, the motion on it, sports especially is brilliant!

actually, when I watch it, for football, then go into the living room and switch to football on my Samsung ks7000 55”.... I actually prefer the football on the Bravia! That’s how good I rate it.

thanks so much for your recommendation! Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Not correct Sharp TV's as sold in Europe are made at the UMC Slovenia plant which is owned by Sharp

vickster

Distinguished Member
Not correct Sharp TV's as sold in Europe are made at the UMC Slovenia plant which is owned by Sharp
Yes that’s what someone already corrected me on upthread ;) which I already acknowledged ;)

Loopthrough

Unless they've made changes in the last year or so Sharp TVs are made by a Sharp subsidiary called UMC.
It's not even that anymore (although OP's TV will be a UMC-produced TV with no input from Japanese Sharp). Tesco are clearing old stock/leftover models from the Polish company UMC who licensed the Sharp name.

Sharp Corporation (Japan) and new co-owned Foxconn (Taiwan maker of iPhone etc) now have the Sharp TV business back. Newer models (2021+) will be made by these Japanese-Taiwanese companies, and I'm sure much better.

The UMC name is gone and the new company is Sharp Consumer Electronics.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom