30x Optical - Wide Lens - External Mic Input + More...

Enzo-Amata

Standard Member
I'm looking about for a camera with the features in the title but maybe more...

I'm posting if you guys might know of a site that does a good advanced search in detail for me to pick my requirements or if you have suggestions, any info is welcomed.

Highest Optical Zoom + CMOS or 3MOS + Decent Sized LCD Screen + Decent Battery Life + 1080p / 60FPS

Is it possible to find these features in a camera or camcorder?

axiomprime

The Sony HDR-PJ10E does all of that. It's over 500quid. I don't know of a place that has a detailed feature search. If you find one, tell me.

Enzo-Amata

Standard Member
The Sony HDR-PJ10E does all of that. It's over 500quid. I don't know of a place that has a detailed feature search. If you find one, tell me.

That's within my price range. I'm going to look more into it. I'm still looking for a site with advanced search though it would be nice to pay just a little less.

axiomprime

Right now I'd go for a Sony or a Panasonic. I can't recall which of te new Panasonics have a mic input all the SD80 and SD90 ones have a bunch of zoom and they're nice. If it says SD before the number it takes a card, if it says HS it's got a hard drive and if it says TS it's got some flash memory built in but they're the same thing. The ones with an extra zero in the name are extra kick-ass.

12harry

Distinguished Member
FWIW, you will end up with a very slow lens at the telephoto-end.
If it's f/1.6 Wide (even that's a hope, very wide-lenses suffer distortions), then after you've spread that light, it will be down to quite a small aperture. This means you need a faster film ( Gain) and a slower shutter.

You haven't said what you're filming - it might help us.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom