30th Birthday Ideas

2scoops

My 30th B-day is coming up in 7 weeks i need to plan something fast, any ideas for something cool to do?

Has to be in the UK
Cost less than £100pp

Most of group are into rock/indie music
We like a good booze and something cool to do during the day would be good.

We're based in Manchester (mainly).

lord-dudester

my ideas:

go karting
one of those murder mystery things? nah - bad idea....
alton towers - drunk of course
camping can be a good laugh with the right crowd
paint ball - also with a few beers
a night at the local dog track with a good drink and a greasy burger
4x4 off road driving/racing - buggie - hovercraft hire etc.
blackpool for a dam good all day'er
hire a supercar for the day
hand gliding
mountain day out - climbing, abseiling, caving, kayaking etc.

a good party - hire a rodeo bull - bouncy castle - load of drink - and good people! you'll never go wrong with that....

although im not the most creative, do SOMETHING! i spent my 30th a few months back indoors and what a nasty b'day it was.

Jamiewalshe

how about contacting some local (or not so local) bands that you like and asking if they'd play at your house? a lot of accoustic bands do this nowadays, even if you've never met them (though obviously they'll be more inclined to do it for you if you have:D ). alternatively put on a similar gig in your garden or piece of land?

then get lots of mates + booze + summer sun and i guarantee you'll have an amazing time.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Well I'd like to give you advice but as I spent most of mine in the nick , the best I can suggest is to stay at home with a cup of tea and a not overly exciting novel.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Jeffrey Archer?

Adam Shaw

Should probably mention it's on the 19.5.2007

Thats my birthday too!

but I wont be 30

I'm going to a family ****-up in Germany, £19 for the flight with easyjet, and somebodys crazy uncle is laying on all the booze!

I digress, have a great time

Go-Karting and a **** up is a good way to stop feeling old when you're 30.

2scoops

hmmm i've had a offer from my old folks who'll be on their hols on my b-day to host my 30th at their house whilst theit away, they have a really huge house (unlike mine)

they've offered to pay for the food and booze so it might be a good option

Can anyone recommend any good ideas for how to throw the ultimate house party

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
...alternatively on the 16th 17th and 18th May there are meetings at York Races. It is always a fantastic day out and the train over from manchester to York is cheap too.

Don't bother with the house party because you'll be the one who has to clean it up after your buddies have gone home...and your folks will be mad if anything gets broken (it will) and people get up to no good in their bed (they will).

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Take the £100 and bet on a horse! when you win, you can have more dances! Ask for Mercedes she is quite special :smashin:

blimey - you should speak to Woodywizz, he is in love with her. But she isn't the best. Nope. MJ is the supreme being with Claire a close second. Having said that Mimi is supposed to be hot - shall we find out on April 20th on the golf day?

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
blimey - you should speak to Woodywizz, he is in love with her. But she isn't the best. Nope. MJ is the supreme being with Claire a close second. Having said that Mimi is supposed to be hot - shall we find out on April 20th on the golf day?

I'm just hoping your back holds out during the dances - we don't want you going into a spasm during an MJ special..........though that wont be the first time it's happened :D

As for the op....go Karting at Daytona in Trafford Park, have a Grand Prix. Then go and have a meal in "The Little Yang Sing", then nip over the road for a few dances at "Long Legs".

Have a great time whatever you decide to do.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom