1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30h

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DustySox, Sep 16, 2004.

1. DustySox

DustySox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi guys,

This is my first post, yippee!!

I am currently looking to purchase a Sim 30H. Along with this, to make the most of the HDMI, i have "borrowed" a Merdian G98 DVD player (without DVD audio connections). All I can say is wow what a machine! I used it inconjunction with my Lexicon MC12. No matter what I "threw" at it, Star wars Pod race, U571, Fleetwood Mac, the Dance etc. The sound/picture was awesome. My only "fly in the soup" is the lack of SACD with the G98 (obviously with Merdian commitment to DVD audio). My current cheapie DVD player plays all formats. Here lies my dialema, do I hold my hand up and show loyalty to DVD audio, or look at something like the Pioneer 868, which also has HDMI, and plays all formats.

I realise that this might have been better off in another post section, but because of all things Sim here I would appreciate any input.

It's great to be here, and i look forward to any replies.

Kind regards

Darren

2. DustySox

DustySox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi guys,

One other question I forgot to ask was, has anyone had an oppotunity to compare HDMI via 30H to G98/868?

Atb

Darren

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    RTFM has the 668 and 868 as well as a plethora of Sims at his place (including the H500), and having seen the Pioneers via HDMI into most of the Sim range, I have to say that they do give a great picture - the improvement over analogue is noticable. I haven't seen the G98 so can't give you a subjective evaluation of the two though.

Sims make great projectors, so I'm not surprised at your enthusiasm for owning one! :)

Gary.

4. Steve Stifler

Steve Stifler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Hi
    I have the 30H and Pioneer 868. Very happy with it. Not seen it with the new Meridian. Best try and get a demo. RTFM is normally very accomodating if you can get to Horsham. I was temped by the new Meridian because it can you can pulg in and rounte your video to your display(s). Only thing is on the hitch hiker unofficial website, there were a few issues. Do a search on http://www.softronix.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

Regards
    Jez