1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30GB NW-HD5 will be released!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by thwi, Apr 9, 2005.

1. thwi

thwi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As it was stated as a rumour here are the actual news:

SONY will release a LIMITED amount of 30GB NW-HD5 MP3 players which will be available either in silver or black. It will be exclusively available in the Sony Style Online Shop (www.sonystyle-europe.com). Below is the link for the infrormation from the german Sony website:

http://www.sony.de/PageView.do?site...ection=de_DE_Press&pressrelease=1109586889837

By the way: I think the main advantage of the NW-HD5 is the fact that the battery can be exchanged by the user (it will be a normal Lithium-Ion battery which is availbale all over the place). The fact that this wasn´t possible with earlier models was a main reason for me not to get a MP3-Player. I simply hate to pay around 200 Pounds or 300 Dollars for a device which will cost me another 100 Dollars once the battery has to be exchanged by the manufacturers service. Same problem with the iPod.

Anyway, I will take a close look at the NW-HD5 once it has been released.
    Cheers,
    Thomas

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Completely agree. The removable battery is a massive positive. Sony are onto a winner with this one! :smashin:

3. Phil K

Phil K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to buy the Cowon iAudio M5L 30gb, but I think I may well get this as long as Sony dont do their usual trick and massively overprice it. :rolleyes:

4. thwi

thwi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The iAudio M5L would be nice too. But I havn´t seen it anywhere yet - and there is no release date available.
    Cheers,
    Thomas

5. wizdom75

wizdom75
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have agreed with you if I had not listened to the iRiver H320 that I bought not so long ago. Just the other day I saw it passing water on an iPod and it had me know its intentions with regards the HD5. You have been warned.

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    The iriver h320/340 have been around for a while now, does anyone know when the new updated versions will be out?