3080ti display problems

SnakePlissken006

Novice Member
Hi

I've been having a lot of problems with my pc connected to my tv and have no idea how to sort it. I'm using an ino3d 3080ti that's connected to my Sony x900h with hdmi 2.1 and my Sony str-dn1080 receiver is being used for audio connected to my tv via hdmi 2.1 earc. It worked fine with my previous 3070 but I'm getting strange issues. The screen sometimes cuts out the audio sometimes gets weird like screeching. I've changed all settings on tv and receiver but still nothing. Also when I try to do a clean install on my nividia drivers the screen freezes and goes black with a white bar near the top. My pc sometimes freezes when I turn tv off too. Also worth mentioning that my 3080 wouldn't play audio at all with thia set up until I downloaded cru and enabled all the different audio types on that. Again, my 3070 never had this problem. The problem was on windows 10 and I just upgraded to Windows 11 and still the same problem so I figure it must have something to do with gpu. Does anyone know how I can begin to sort this? Thanks.

Last edited:

jimscreechy

is your PC correctly detecting your TV? it sort of sounds like it doesn't really know what display mode or device is present for display and this is messing with HDMI sync.

The other thing I suggest you try is disabling EARC/ARC. I only say this because it is not the stable predictable solution it is always proclaimed to be. You only have to visit the relevant threads here to understand the issues it can introduce and the anomalies that 'can' arise. I had so many "weird" unpredictable experiences with it that I stopped using it some time ago.

Give it a shot, at the very least if your issues still prevail we can rule it out as the cause of your problems.

SnakePlissken006

Novice Member
I'm pretty sure it's detecting my display. Audio and display options in windows both come up with Sony TV. Arc is the only option for me I'm afraid. I've had no problems on other devices just pc. My 3070 was fine that's what I don't understand. Surely a 3080ti wouldn't be incompatible if the 3070 was?

SnakePlissken006

Novice Member
Nobody know how I can sort this? Actually considering just selling pc and just going back to ps5 at this point haha. So much compatability issues with pc it's insane. Spend most of my time messing around trying to get things working than actually playing games.

next010

Distinguished Member
If your 3070 was fine before than there is the possibility the 3080 has a hardware fault.

Do a clean install of windows itself (no upgrades, no existing drivers, erase the entire drive) if it still fails after that I would suggest contacting were you bought the GPU from first to see if a RMA is possible.

jimscreechy

. I've had no problems on other devices just pc. My 3070 was fine that's what I don't understand. Surely a 3080ti wouldn't be incompatible if the 3070 was?
That is why manufacturers have compatibility lists. Standards are their to ensure interconnection with alternate devices but they are not absolute, and some standards 'ARC' being one, are more prone than others to issues of interoperability. Still, its your dime.

SnakePlissken006

Novice Member
I think I managed to sort it by disabling earc on my tv so I'm just using arc now. Means I'll get worse audio quality and no atmos for games that support it which is why I spent so much on a new receiver anyway but at least it's not broken now. Still pretty crazy that a £1600 gpu with hdmi 2.1 support can't handle earc and a ps4, ps5 and Nintendo switch can with no issues. Guess I should've checked before spending so much money.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom