1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300e screen shots

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jimbobuk, Apr 9, 2003.

1. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi...

I've got a page with some screenshots of my new 300e...

http://jimtreats.crosswinds.net/MyTreats/Projector/

Its using a £20 blackout blind from ikea, 2m across... toy story shots were just held up with double sided sticky tape.. I'll be needed a new one as i've damaged it already... but its still a remarkably good picture (not seen others mind, but for the money it can't be beat)...

2. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool! But....

Where are the halo shots? surely you've got an xbox?

3. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    yep... does Halo do widescreen!?!?

Many more shots will come when i do them.. getting them out sharp takes some doing...

4. jimbob2

jimbob2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since when could you get GTA 3 or Gran Tourismo on he xbox?

5. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yes.

Why would you want GT3 or GTA3 when you've got halo?

6. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Very nice:eek:
    It would be great if you could post some Halo shots:smashin:

Also how much was the pj if you don't mind me asking
    Cheers

7. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Nice screen shots... :)

8. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Looking good!

How have you got your Game Cube connected. I've got the official RGB cable but need to split out audio to the amp. If you have a lead that does this, where did you get it from and how much?

Tried Halo for the first time last night. Oh yes! This is how it should be played.......Shame I've got a PAL XBox with no progressive...will have to look into that:smashin:

9. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I use a scart box to split down to the one lead into my projector.. this handily has an audio out.. which was one of the main reasons why i got it...

I've got all 3 of the next gen consoles... the PS2 has component outputs but i dunno if this is progressive, i doubt it... seeing as I've got scart all the way to the projector i dont think i'll be bothering with it... progressive of those games would be nice but it'll do... RGB looks quite good.... I really needed the 4:3 for Zelda.. all the reading in 16:9 was actually a bit of a pain...

I have the 300e from Nexnix... go to their page to see how much it is (about £1450 before VAT i think)... my camera is definately doing some general trickery to change the way it looks... so take these pictures as a pinch of salt.... i am happy with the quality but its not as vibrant, and the contrast is definately NOT as good... its still very nice though .. :) more shots online tonight hopefully.. i'll get some halo shots on... i got dead or alive volleyball too ;) doubt it has a widescreen mode

10. tonytigerrr

tonytigerrr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    linked my ptae300 upto a dreamcast (havent got a next gen console yet) and it looked pretty good via RGB scart, havent got a VGA cable - anyone tried this? Pity not many dreamcast games have widescreen mode, it still has some superb games though (virtua tennis, soul calibur, crazy taxi) so I wont be getting rid - especially as the pj has given it a new lease of life.

What really looked stunning was my PC (Athlon 2ghz, radeon 8500 graphics card) running Medal of Honour, sharp as a pin, DVD looked pretty cool too on PC. I've still to play around with resolutions fully but PC via vga definitely offers a superior DVD image to my Sony DVD player via RGB scart (no component unfortunately).

I'll post some pics when I get time.....

11. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I use a scart box to split down to the one lead into my projector.. this handily has an audio out.. which was one of the main reasons why i got it...

I've got all 3 of the next gen consoles... the PS2 has component outputs but i dunno if this is progressive, i doubt it... seeing as I've got scart all the way to the projector i dont think i'll be bothering with it... progressive of those games would be nice but it'll do... RGB looks quite good.... I really needed the 4:3 for Zelda.. all the reading in 16:9 was actually a bit of a pain...

I have the 300e from Nexnix... go to their page to see how much it is (about £1450 before VAT i think)... my camera is definately doing some general trickery to change the way it looks... so take these pictures as a pinch of salt.... i am happy with the quality but its not as vibrant, and the contrast is definately NOT as good... its still very nice though .. :) more shots online tonight hopefully.. i'll get some halo shots on... i got dead or alive volleyball too ;) doubt it has a widescreen mode

A few more shots are on that page... its a really difficult thing trying to capture focused images of the thing... i'm getting about a 10% success rate... it also appears that either dust or dead pixels are adding some annoying pixels to my camera grabs... I've spotted this before.. should of got it exchanged..

12. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135

Hi mate i can't see any new shots there the same as yesterday:confused:

13. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah. I was looking forward to some more. Maybe even some halo ones

14. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah Halo or Pro evo soccer would be cool:eek:

15. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    sorry about the repeated post...

16. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    refresh the page.. there are just a few at the bottom.... no halo sorry... i will do a load when time allows over the weekend...

took some mame shots.. but not setup properly.. i think scanlines will be needed as that'll make it look more like an arcade monitor.... the shrek ones are ok.. but like i said i took a lot but most were too blurred to be of any use

17. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    They look ok mate :smashin:
    Can't wait to get my pj to play Xbox live on, i play on a 21" tv at the moment. so this is going to be one hell of a jump for me:eek:
    It'll take some getting used to i bet:D

18. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^^^ me to. Unreal should be even better. Mechassualt, even though the games naff, should look good.

I'm going up from a 32" widsescreen. I just felt it wasn't big enough. My PJ should arrive on tuesday!

19. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Cool so you going to post shots yeah;) :)

20. phlashman

phlashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah when It finally arrives

21. Dekim

Dekim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Jimbobuk,

I have a quick question. Next time you watch a movie could you sit/stand about 1.1-1.2 X your screen width and tell me if this is acceptable. If I get the AE300 it will have to be placed behind my seating position and this will be the distance I will have to sit from the screen width.

I would appreciate it if you get the chance

Deks

22. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Dekim,

in short it depends.... I've sat near to the screen before... its ok... it depends what you want.... my projector doesn't look as good as these shots make out, as i've already mentioned... mainly contrast, and sharpness....

The picture is NOT as sharp as a tv... dont expect it to be... if you can sit well back it begins to feel as sharp... but at my 1.5-2x distance its not... you are trying to make something bigger.. its going to get blurred...

At the closer positions you can see the pixels.. you can see the blurredness.. you can see the peek-a-boo scanlines more obviously (tho this is not too bad for me so far, i'm starting to see it.. i can't bring myself to defocus it to attempt to reduce/remove this... I've done the filter tweak.. dunno if it helped as i dont see it too much) ...

In short... do everything you can do to allow you to sit far back from the screen.... i set mine up downstairs and was able to sit metres BEHIND the projector itself... at this distance the screen becomes far more like a tv in sharpness as your eyes blur with the distance...

I'll have a look sometime at that position and i'll work out how far back i am at when i can get far enough away... it'll be good... there is no screendoor.. but you may find it too blurred... to really get the most out of a projector.. sitting back will help...

23. Insp.Gadget

Insp.Gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Nice pics, two questions (unfortunately not entirely projector related !), did you ever get the white 'screen' from Ikea, and where did you get the Star wars from, I used to love playing that version in the arcades !!!

24. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I haven't gotten a replacement screen yet.. not sure whether white will be better than current colour!?!?!?!? at the price i'll probably try both... not until i get the blind actually properly mounted.. that should reduce creases in it to a minimum.. the current one is buggered.. but still a fair picture :)

starwars is from mame... www.zophar.net its an emulator...

25. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    quick measurements made... a distance of 1x (2m for me) is fine... its not as good as sitting further back but there are few real problems... i can't stress how there is NO screendoor... pixel structure (physically seeing the blocks) and general feelings of it being too low a resolution are the only problems with being close... at 1x its ok... but seriously try to sit as far back as you can :)

26. Warren_G

Warren_G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering what desktop resolution you are using, can you post powerstrip settings. The one thing I have not been able to do with my AE300 yet is fill the entire screen with a desktop, progressive component input looks incredible though.

Insp. Gadget, that looks like a Mame emulator to me, check out www.mame.net to get any old arcade games that you like.

27. jimbobuk

jimbobuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18