• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

300 won't play on home computer????

Galaxy

Established Member
Title says it all really....got my copy of 300 today, popped it in the HTPC and nothing! Tried it in the old DVD player in the bedroom and it played no problem...seems I cannot get a picture in Media Player, PowerDVD or Nero DVD player....whats going on?

Anyone else had problems?

Best regards David

Could be a codec problem, you can probably get it to work eventually. Or maybe a strange resolution, or scaling problem. Try ffdshow, that seems to fix most things.

Galaxy

Established Member
ffdshow? Not familiar with that?

It just seems strange that I even tried Nero recode to see if it could read after being zapped with anyDVD but still the same, it scans the disc but cannot analyze the content.....really wierd.

ffdshow is a free codec download that can manipulate most media players into doing things that they usually can't do.. like upscaling etc. For example it can make WMP9 play HD files.

nero0410

Distinguished Member

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
PowerDVD uses its own internal codecs so it can't be a codec problem.

Do other dvds work ok?

Galaxy

Established Member
Appears to have been a problem with AnyDVD, after clean reinstalling AnyDVD the disk plays fine.....found out by disabling AnyDVD and trying to play again in MediaPlayer....it worked.

Ho hum...bits and pieces

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom