1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300+ RI and the remote query

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by alistair, Jun 18, 2004.

1. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the PJ for about a year now and all is great. I have never been able to use the remote at the RI unit or my Pronto Pro to fire it up etc. The PJ is in the other room and it's not a big deal to get up and go into the other room but doing set up adjustments on your own is impossible. Anyone got an idea to sort this out? thanks

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Alistair,

I use a pair of Marmitek Powermid XL units to control one of my projectors that's in another room.
    You have the Powermid transmitter near where you sit which you zap with your r/c .
    The Powermid receiver in the other room picks up the RF signal from the transmitter you zapped, turns it back into i/r and controls your projector.
    They work like a charm and are inexpensive.

Jeff

3. alistair

alistair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I haven't been back for a while but appreciate your advice. All my other equipment works with the Pronto Pro and I am reluctant to buy more kit when really that should do the job. I was interested to hear that your Sim operates just fine using your solution and pointed at the RI umbilical rather than the PJ. Is there a setting or something that I need to change to tell the PJ to respond to the RF/IR commands at the box rather than to the back of the Sim? thanks

4. Gary Nash

Gary Nash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Alistair,

I don't think the RII has an infrared receiver, the only thing I can see is the green power light.
    No matter how close you stand to the RII, it will not acept the IR command to turn on the projector (unless of course the angle is just right and the IR beam bounces off the front of the casing and happens to reach the projector's IR pickup).

Because of this, I don't think it's even necessary to have the RII in the main equipment rack. In fact with my setup, the 10M interface cable is a bit on the short side, so positioning the RII behind the rack works out better for routing cables.

The previous advice to use the pyramid extenders would appear to be a sound option if you don't have a clear line of sight to the IR pickups.

My pronto is unable to activate the projector (which sits on a shelf high behind/above me) if I direct it at the main equipment rack. I need to point it back over my head to start the projector, then point it at the equipment rack and fire off the main macro.
    Once the screen is down it acts as a mirror and bounces the commands to the Sim2 with no problems.
    Ideally I'd like to use one macro to start projector, fire up the other kit and dim the lights but my Futronix light switch is in a strange location that gets confused by bouncing IR signals.

I'm looking at solving the Sim2 and Futronix IR problem by using an IR pickup with IR blasters - at this stage of the game, I'm not sure what the transmit range is for the blaster.

Regards,

Gary