300-400£ speakers package

bigscreencrazy

Novice Member
i am buying speakers package for pionner VSX 912-s , home cinema surround system prefer to 6.1.
my room is about 4m by 3m .
my budget is about 400£ maximum.

can anyone think of good package.

output 6x100 w.

thanks in advance,

bigscreen

Wasabi

Novice Member
To follow up on Ian J's suggestion, you could get an extra pair (I know, it leaves you 1 speaker with no use, but you can in the future increase to 7.1 by upgrading the amp) of Premiere 302's for only £100 at Richersounds - here

Your total expense for a 7.1 Premiere Plus is = £410, plus the cost of cables. I'd say it is a very good price indeed.

Wasabi

bigscreencrazy

Novice Member
thank you for your guru advice,

i definite look into mordaunt premier short plus.also AE evo package is tempting color no match unless i have to paint myself.

sorry to naive to ask the question.regarding to speakers to match the amp, if amp output is 6x 100 w , that mean i have to buy 100 watt speakers or can i buy big speaker such as floor standing 175 w etc , will the amp handle the big watt speakers.
At the movement i am using my toshiba package of 5 small satellite speaker 70 watt( program) and 8 ohn impedence with passive subwof.

the sound generally improved compare to toshiba built in sd 42 hk.

how much watt,sensitivity, can pionner vsx 912-s handle.

thank you again

Dfour

The 912 should be able to drive most speakers you could throw at it. Have a look at pioneers website for more speks or see if you can arrange a demo at your local hifi shop.