30 watts enough for a bedroom?

buns

Banned
depends on the speakers! depends on other factors associated with the amp! depends on the volume you want!

give us more info and we can help out!

ad

swanytroon

i hope not i dont want to spend a £130 something pound on a amp which wont keep up with the house nest door

avanzato

My bedroom system for several years was a 30w Yamaha integrated amp. Used it with several speakers and no problem at all.

If you're after serious loudness from the audio it's much easier IME to get it with efficient speakers not big amps.

buns

Banned
yeah, if you want serious volume, there are better ways than this amp. The amp will be good, but there is distinction between 'good' and loud.

ad

swanytroon

well the thing is i dont have anything to compare the loundness with but it should be better than my pc setup which is a soundblaster live 5.1 an dtt2200 5.1 shouldnt it?

Ettepet

The volume will be loud enough, no worries there. A low-budget amp/receiver is still 10x better than any (affordable) pc-speaker setup. Good luck with it! ;)

swanytroon

i need a low cost amp i think to help my budget is there anything about the £100 mark that is good?

ive looked a pioneer amp an like they look of them has anyone played with them and what do u think about them?

Ettepet

I would have a listen at a nearby shop. If you don't have enough experience in judging, try to listen to some more expensive stuff to see what cheap ones come closest.

S

SKA.face

Originally posted by swanytroon
i need a low cost amp i think to help my budget is there anything about the ?100 mark that is good?

ive looked a pioneer amp an like they look of them has anyone played with them and what do u think about them?

Marantz I found to be flat and boring,try a older Rotel ,good power,cleaner,try a older rotel RA930,or 971.Plenty loud enough.

R

roversd1

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong:

If your speakers are an efficient design, an amplifier with just 1 watt will provide anything up to 90 odd dB! Which in a small room is very loud.

Obviously this all depneds on the music, lots of bass requires more from the amp and so on.

I have in a very small room, a 1982 JVC M-L10/ P-L10 Laboratory series pre/ power and I cant get the VU metre needle to point at anything more than about 3 Watt out of a potential indecated 300 Watt before its too loud...

:D

T

trevor g

have nad c530a- nadc521i mission700 in bedroom dont have
any problem from next door

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom