1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3?ZP18P: Solving the brightness problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by vs, Aug 22, 2001.

1. vs

vs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

2. vs

vs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

The brightness fluctuation problem on my set seems solved. It may interest you that, with a little help from you, I am able to reconstruct exactly what the engineer did to fix it.

Is anybody out there with a brand new set willing to go through the entire list of `factory-set parameters' (over 300) and post their values to me? (Since many of them are set to zero, I suggest to post only the pairs <name,value> where value is not zero.) If so, I will match them with mine, clear a final couple of doubts I have, and then post the precise instructions to get the fix on your sets by yourselves. (Also, it's important to have a list of the original values available: playing with the parameters in design mode, someone who certainly will mess up his set and need to restore the factory values.)

Cheers,<br />\vs<br />------------------------------------------------<br /> Here are the instructions on how to get into design mode. NOTICE: USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU MESS UP YOUR SET I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP.

- press MUTE on the remote<br /> - press MUTE on the remote and, while <br /> pressing it, press MENU on the TV<br /> - Among other things, an S appear on the<br /> right up corner of the screen. This is <br /> the service mode.<br /> - While pressing CALL on the remote, press<br /> MENU on the TV. The S becomes D. This is<br /> the design mode.<br /> - On the left of the screen you now have<br /> the name of the parameter (eg RCUT) and<br /> below it its hexadecimal value (eg 50H).<br /> Use the keys (on remote or on screen) to <br /> change channel to browse to the entire<br /> list. And write down the data. (The <br /> volume keys can be used to change the <br /> values, which you don't want to, at this <br /> stage. NOTICE: I don't know the <br /> effect of *any* other key, but I know <br /> that many have potentially non-reversible <br /> ones: so positively *DO*NOT*TOUCH* keys<br /> other than channel and volume.) <br /> - To leave design mode, put the TV is <br /> standby mode (the red key on the remote)<br /> or switch it off.<br />NOTICE THAT WHATEVER CHANGE YOU MAKE TO THE PARAMETERS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY STORED! LET ME THEN REPEAT: DO NOT PRESS KEYS AT RANDOM ON YOUR REMOTE BECAUSE MANY OF THEM ARE BOUND TO ACTIONS WHOSE EFFECTS THAT I CANNOT TELL.<br />-------------------------------------------------

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Designer menu is a minefield and all care should be taken before making changes to the settings in this mode.

Most of the main changes can be made in the service menu and only tweaking for differences in NTSC, PAL and SECAM should be made in the designer menu.

You should also note that the service menu settings are different for each of the zoom modes (although there is some sharing and some pairing)

4. vs

vs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

5. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whenever i talk about service modes (especially the tosh designer menu) i always add the warning.

You can't do much harm in the service menu but you can damage in the designer menu.