3 year old sky digital..worth upgrade to +?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by neil20v, Dec 17, 2004.

1. neil20v

neil20v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a sky digital system that runs through an amstrad sky box. It was installed about 3 years ago.

Does sky+ offer any picture improvments over the earlier sky digital box's?

I have the plasma installed upstairs in the bedroom, the sky box is downstairs. I originallu had a normal TV upstairs connected to sky through an RF cable ran from the downstairs box.

I have temporarily used the RF cable to connect the plamsa up and the picture seemed fair, at the weekend i moved the Sky box upstairs so i could use the Scart output (and run the RF cable to the downstairs TV) but the picture from scartdirect from the box was worse with mass's of ghosting.

I was thinking of upgrading to sky plus would this yield a better picture if I had the main box installed upstairs in the master bedroom?

2. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi Neil , I was in the same position about 5 weeks ago.

I too had a 3 yo amtrad box, great box with no problems over the years.

I now have a amtrad sky+ box and haven't noticed any picture improvements . However I was satisfied with the picture to begin with anyway so this isn't a problem for me.

hope this helps anyway ?