• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3 x iPods in one house - help please ?

We have 3 iPods in our house and one PC.

Every time we plug one in to PC it automatically updates the files with the ones on itunes library :mad:

I am coming to the conclusion that itunes is a waste of time and so frustrating - I have to drop MP3 files from CD to desktop before importing them into itunes and then update iPod before taking CD out - it's a tedious process and doesn't always work (I never use downloads off itunes). Am I best just to remove itunes off my PC :confused:

A friend says he just drag and drops files onto his iPod - not tried this yet as unsure where exactly to put them in iPod folders.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

stuart07970

Relax, apple loves you!

THere are many ways to fix your problem.

You can set up multiple libraries etc.

But the simplest way is to make sure all your Ipods have different names.
(Stuart's iPod, iPod1, iPod 2, etc.)

Then you need to go in and turn off automatic syncronisation, thats whats killing you at the moment!

So in future you should be able to plug in your ipod, it'll mount it in your 'devices',k you can then select it and drag whatever you wish from your library to your ipod!

EASY !:smashin:

Relax, apple loves you!

THere are many ways to fix your problem.

You can set up multiple libraries etc.

But the simplest way is to make sure all your Ipods have different names.
(Stuart's iPod, iPod1, iPod 2, etc.)

Then you need to go in and turn off automatic syncronisation, thats whats killing you at the moment!
So in future you should be able to plug in your ipod, it'll mount it in your 'devices',k you can then select it and drag whatever you wish from your library to your ipod!

EASY !:smashin:

Thank you :thumbsup: will give it a go - didn't realise you could turn it off - they have their own names already - so I will try the drag from library to iPod, thanks for quick reply x

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom