3 x Coaxial Cable Combiner ?

Have 3 coaxial cables that need to enter a room through the wall, but it gets messy putting 3 cables into the wall, so is the a device to combine the 3 cables into one, pass that one cable into the wall, then get a Wall plate to split out the 3 signals from the cable?, I know they may them Diplexor Walll plates, but can't find a combine device to combine TV, Sky and Cable?..

D

Deleted member 30535

Does your cable have an RF-IN or just RF out?

If it has an IN, then the simplest way is this:

Aerial Socket -> Cable RF IN
Cable RF OUT -> SKY RF IN
SKY RF1 -> TV
SKY RF2 -> Throughh the wall

The last leg carries all your TV (Freeview), Cable and Sky RF pictures in one cable. Just make sure the RF channel outputs on your SKY and Cable do not interfere with the ANalogue/Digital TV channels numbers.

I don't think anyone could make sence of that.... what I have is a cable coming from sat, cable coming from TV antenna, and a cable coming from cable install, all have Coax Plugs at the end...., I was simply asking for a device that will take all 3 cables and output the 3 signals coming from then onto one cable, then a device to output 3 signal from the one cable to their own terminals on a wall plate... I have done some reading up, and non of the devices I see specify supporting Digital Cable on the RF port, just SKY and SKY plus on the RF 1 + 2...., also not seend a device to combine 3 coax's...

Does your cable have an RF-IN or just RF out?

If it has an IN, then the simplest way is this:

Aerial Socket -> Cable RF IN
Cable RF OUT -> SKY RF IN
SKY RF1 -> TV
SKY RF2 -> Throughh the wall

The last leg carries all your TV (Freeview), Cable and Sky RF pictures in one cable. Just make sure the RF channel outputs on your SKY and Cable do not interfere with the ANalogue/Digital TV channels numbers.

D

Deleted member 30535

Digital TV is carried on the same frequencies as analogue TV and so is compatible with ALL RF connections in and out of say the Sky box, Freeview Box or cable.

-> means an RF cable between the two RF connections described.

So your TV Aerial wallplate gets connected via Coax Cable (RF) to the RF IN connection on your Cable box

As you connect each box in a daisy-chain type arrangement, the signals get added to the RF cable. So when the Sky Box outputs RF1 to the TV, it is actually outputting the TV Aerial, Cable and Sky signals on the single RF cable. Ditto for RF2 except that output also has the voltages for running the magic eye for remote control of your Sky from the other room.

YOu do not need to keep your RF signals separate in three coaxs. They all live happily on the same single cable; the same single cable that you'll just plug into the TV in the other room. There is no need to combine 3 into 1 and then split 1 into 3. You in effect do the combining by daisy-chaining the boxes in series.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom