1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3-Way Scart - PLEASE HELP! Techno-moron requires advice

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by isleworth, Dec 5, 2004.

1. isleworth

isleworth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was wondering whether anybody could give me some advice on what is probably the obvious.

I have purchased one of these spiffy 3-Way Scart/Phono control boxes from Argos for £9.99. It has three scart connections, each controlled by a button numbered (unsurprisingly) 1 to 3. I subscribe to Freeview and use the three connections for my Freeview box, DVD and VCR.

Problem - when trying to video from AV, do I press the button to activate the Freeview connection or the one attached to the VCR connection? I don't seem to record from either (or indeed from both pushed in at the same time)! Is there something obvious I am missing or does the box go back to the shop?

No instructions were supplied with the product.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm not familiar with this product but sounds to me that the box is indeed 3 into 1 not 3 into 3, (ie 3 in - 1 out) If you select Freeview presumably you see Freeview, similarly for the DVD. When selecting VCR I imagine you can view tapes on the tv and record but only from the the tv. I do not see how this box would allow you to record from Freeview to VCR (and still see the output of the Freeview box on the telly ?). Perhaps someone with direct knowledge can give you an informed opinion. Regards, yt.