1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 upgrade policy and phone reliability (ahem)

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by nickane, Nov 3, 2004.

1. nickane

nickane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone knows how the 3 upgrade policy is, as I heard it was pretty sketchy upon release but can only assume that 6 months on, it has improved somewhat... Or is that too much to expect from 3?

I have an NEC e616 which is about 7 months old and is f*****. It doesn't receive texts, despite having taken it in for the recommended 'software flash', and I have been advised to simply try again which seems like a pretty useless idea since the software is noticeably different and so the same upgrade again would simply leave me phoneless for another day. I am looking forward to March when I can hit them up for one of the newer models, but was wondering how easy this is.

i heard from the repairman in the shop that the LG didn't have any probs, but have since heard otherwise from friends who have had similar text problems. Perhaps the newer LG is fault-free. I am also pretty enticed by the motorola 1000, but whether or not it has any problems remains to be seen.

If someone could clear all this up for me I'd appreciate it, as it would be nice to know that a few months down the line, I will have a fully functional phone. I don't care too much about battery life, I just want a phone that works.

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Cant comment on the returns/upgrade inside contract apart but a mates got a lg that he managed to get swapped from a 616 (which had been returned 3 times and he threatened them with breach of contract) and its got its own issues, no blue tooth, its also now suffering with an intermittent hiss on calls so needs sending for repair.....

I hate my 616, call quality is rubbish, it takes too long to find a signal in patchy 3g areas and thats after the upgrade, i'll not buy another 3 again even if they are cheap, its no good getting loads of minutes when the reception is so rubbish that you cant use them all. :rolleyes:

3. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Is the upgrade you 2 have basically to get the E616 to the E616V spec?
    I have a E616V which i don't exactly like! but it has been trouble free, i got an LG8120 with the contract but wasn't any good because of no bluetooth....