3 sky +hd boxes ?

gritts

hi,i have skyhd+ in my livingroom & have multiroom upstairs in one room,when the engineer put multiroom box upstairs he said if i purchased another sky+hd box i could put it another room but would have to watch the same channel on both and would loose ability to record and watch other channel at same time,i have now got myself another sky+hd box with all cables and remote so how would i set this up ? what cable do i disconnect on multiroom box and connect to other box in the other room,is this possible & im not to bothered about losing record & watching other channel at same time,and if this is possible what about card ? do i just move card from box to box & phone sky to link it to both boxes ?

logiciel

If the multiroom machine has connections to both of its Satellite In sockets, you can disconnect one and connect it to the third machine instead. You'd need to be careful how you extended the cable. All three machines will then show you separate channels. The third will show only the free channels and will not record. The multrioom will still record, but not one channel while watching another. To get the subscription channels on the third and to record on it you could connect the phone line to it and get Sky to pair the card to it, but then the second machine would get only the free channels and would not record.

gritts

hi,i have the cable to connect both boxes so i only need to unscrew one of the sat in at the back of my multiroom box & connect my spare cable from multiroom box to same sat in on 3rd box ? so they cant pair the same card to both boxes upstairs so i would only need to move from box to box ?

logiciel

You have something to join the cable from the dish to the new cable to the new machine?
You can only have the card "paired" to one machine at a time, and they'd only re-pair it once or twice before asking questions.

gritts

hi,yes i have a join that will screw onto the the sat wire i take off multiroom box & attach cable i have to stretch through to other room & screw onto third box,what happens with remote controls ? will the remote be ok with changing channels on third box or will it change channels on both at same time ?maybe another option would be to ask sky for a duplicate card ? im not breaking any rules it just stops sky charging me another 10 or 20 quid for more multiroom as my sky bill is already 70+

logiciel

ask sky for a duplicate card?...it just stops sky charging me another 10 or 20 quid
Quite the reverse - they supply you with a duplicate - actually a third - card, and start charging you a second multiroom subscription for it.
I don't get the question about the remote - it can't control a machine in another room.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom