3 sky boxes going to 3 Tvs

bloomers66

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
I want to connect 3 sky boxes to 3 tvs for a friend, they already have 2 going to 2 Tvs and can watch different channels. I have purchased 2, 3 way compact splitters .
So can I run the lnb cable to the splitter then to each box and then connect boxes to Tvs with HDMI leads? Also do I need a card for each box or can I pair all 3 boxes to one card over the Internet without calling Sky?
Thank for any help appreciate it.

You cannot split $ky universal / legacy LNB signals. The boxes will fight each other for LNB control and attenuate signals.
Return them for a refund.

You'll need an Octo (8 output) LNB to provide another two cable feeds to an extra recording box in place of the current quad (4 output) LNB.

You could, perhaps, use two boxes in 'single cable mode' via installer menu which will limit what those two can do cf the main one with two feeds.

$ky will likely prefer to migrate user to $ky Q with multiroom Q mini boxes.

Each box needs its own card to record anything and view/play encrypted channels, although viewing the free to air ones should work without any cards in (and one cable will be enough for a live TV experience).

Free to view channels also need a card (but no sub) as I understand it.

Sky won't normally supply any additional mult room cards for Sky+HD now.
They'll only offer an upgrade to Q (which usually works out cheaper when you've got 2 or more multiroom boxes).

You cannot split $ky universal / legacy LNB signals. The boxes will fight each other for LNB control and attenuate signals.
Return them for a refund.

You'll need an Octo (8 output) LNB to provide another two cable feeds to an extra recording box in place of the current quad (4 output) LNB.

You could, perhaps, use two boxes in 'single cable mode' via installer menu which will limit what those two can do cf the main one with two feeds.

$ky will likely prefer to migrate user to $ky Q with multiroom Q mini boxes.

Each box needs its own card to record anything and view/play encrypted channels, although viewing the free to air ones should work without any cards in (and one cable will be enough for a live TV experience).

Free to view channels also need a card (but no sub) as I understand it.
There is a sub. It is £25 for the life of the card (approx 4 years). It is not worth it for around 3 channels you probably won't watch.

Do the have a sky sub or just watching free stuff?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom