• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3 RED lights ???

crown62

Just got the 3 flashing red lights , having read this on this forum before it means my console has died!

My question is, how long was the console away for, and who should I contact?
It came from gameplay, but its about 2 weeks over the 12 months warranty:mad:

I

imcarm

Have you disconnected all the cables (power, video, controller *if wired*) - then re-connected them?

Mine did this a few months back and I thought the worse, but the power cable had worked loose, don't want to get your hopes up but it's worth trying.

matty555

Mine did this aswell when connecting my HD DVD player, the lead to the TV came half out and when I turned it on 3 red lights....:mad: I S**t myself....but then I saw the lead hanging out...plugged it all back in and now back to normal:D so well worth checking.....and re-checking....good luck

crown62

Thanks guys tried the lot.

Even tried a different tv and used my vga lead instead of the component, but nothing but 3 red lights:thumbsdow

I finally got intouch with microsoft. even that my console is just out of waranty, they are still going to fix free of charge:smashin:

but it will take 3 weeks:thumbsdow

oh well................

RGP

I bet they use a heatgun to fix the dry joints on the board :rotfl:

it took about 10 day for me. i got mine today. Mine stopped working the day before both my wii and HD DVD drive came.

Binternet

Standard Member
It took about 4 days for mine to come back, which was quite good really. Still have not fired it up yet though as my HDTV is stuck at my uni house and I cant be arsed to go and get it yet. The biggest pain is speaking to the customer services department which is based in India. They speak very poor English and I was on the phone to them for 40 minutes during which time I only gave them my name and address. I had to repeat everything 3 times and spell everything out phonetically. They will fix it free of charge as they have admitted there is a fault with the launch day systems so they all have unlimited warranty.

Actually the credit goes to DHL who came to my door 10 minutes after I put the phone down to them. I had not even finished packing it.

jerig

Standard Member
Less than a week from getting picked up to being dropped off- a word to the wise I did not get my own machine back s/n was totally different plus I was told to ship it without the face plate and it returned complete with face plate my hard drive was also wiped and I had to re-download my games.

crown62

Thats a bit odd, not getting your own machine back. If its a new one ok, but, I dont any refurbished stuff:thumbsdow

Hope mine is a quick as some of you are saying, mind what a daft time to break just before christmas! So I will see:D

As for that call centre I was on the phone 3 times due to loosing connection and having to repeat every thing I said! . I knew it was not the UK, thought they sounded Spanish Americans, but its India is it , no wonder I lost connection and could not understand them LOL.

Still I will have to play with my friends Wii until it comes back ( sounds bit dodgy saying that :D )

bananacat

Thats a bit odd, not getting your own machine back. If its a new one ok, but, I dont any refurbished stuff:thumbsdow

Hope mine is a quick as some of you are saying, mind what a daft time to break just before christmas! So I will see:D

As for that call centre I was on the phone 3 times due to loosing connection and having to repeat every thing I said! . I knew it was not the UK, thought they sounded Spanish Americans, but its India is it , no wonder I lost connection and could not understand them LOL.

Still I will have to play with my friends Wii until it comes back ( sounds bit dodgy saying that :D )
let us know how long it took and wot u get back!

jerig

Standard Member
I`m pretty sure its a refurb job but it works and I also took out the extra warranty when bought last year. It was an american that I talked to and she gave me the address in England and also the number to put on the outside of the box.

bingham67

I sent mine back on monday kept freezing up and showing 3 red lights i phoned up today and spoke to Indian chap he said 3 days for a return. He then said i cant guarantee it be back before christmas all i can do is put you High Priority but i wonder how many times he done that. :rotfl:

Ive had worse in past though some i couldnt understand so i was asking them to repeat all time i got straight through on phone today it use to be worse so good to see improved.

Console number 3 coming up i wish Microsoft would sort out reliability because its superb console. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom