• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3 pin mains cable safe for 2 pin socket?

Fraziel

I have a Russ Andrews 3 pin mains cable which i have used on my NAD amp for many years. I have recently changed the Amp for an Arcam FMJ A29 which takes a 2 pin mains cable.

Is it safe to use the 3 pin Russ Andrews with the Arcam?

The Russ Andrews does make a difference sound wise with firmer bass and increased clarity IMO so I would like to use it if possible. I appreciate some people don't agree re cables but in my opinion they can make a significant difference.

thanks for your help.

D

Deleted member 24354

Presuming that you are talking about an IEC Mains lead, should be fine as long as it is in good physical condition.
Mods please lock the thread before this turns into a 'debate' about the Pro's and Con's of Russ Andrews products. Question has been answered.

Fraziel

Presuming that you are talking about an IEC Mains lead, should be fine as long as it is in good physical condition.
Mods please lock the thread before this turns into a 'debate' about the Pro's and Con's of Russ Andrews products. Question has been answered.
Yrs, IEC mains lead in good nick! Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom