3 out of 4 hdmi not supporting full HD

everfading

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys, nice to e-meet you, it is my first post but I'm starting to go insane and need your support.

The situation looks like this.

I have my PC connected to one of the HDMI ports (2) of the 42LG7000 TV (older, but suits my needs).

To my knowledge, all other HDMI ports worked fine previously as well as I had other devices hooked up not that long ago.

Yesterday I tried to connect PS4 Pro to the TV, and 3 out of 4 HDMI ports (1,3,4) showed me only black screen (there was signal, the screen was just black).

Weirdly enough, the PS4 works fine with HDMI 2 though, the one that the PC was connected to.

Now, when i try to connect the PC to any of the other ports (1,3,4) i'm not getting Full hd signal (i am using the same cable I used to connect the PC to HDMI port 2 which works flawlessly and allows me to choose full hd resolution). I can only set 1024x768 and the TV is detected as generic pnp monitor (on HDMI 2 it shows as LG TV, so all good).

I tried restoring factory setting to the TV, no result. I am not even sure now whether the issue is with the HDMI ports, or the PC, can't pinpoint it at all.

It would seem that 3 HDMI ports are sort of "not synced" in a way, when I connect the PC to the faulty ones I cannot set the display as 1:1 pixel (the TV setting, I mean, only 16:9, 14:3 and some zooms).

I have suspicion that it might have been due to Windows Update? But can't really connect it, it is just that before the latest updates all ports worked fine from what i remember.

Also, on the faulty ones when using Custom Resoultion Utility, the CRU detects both generic monitor (which is active) and also LG TV which is marked on the dropdown list as inactive.

Guys, how to resolve this? Maybe EDID data got corrupt on the TV?

EDIT: Nintendo Switch works fine on the "faulty" HDMI ports.

Much appreciated!

Lukas

Last edited:
Strange behavior, cant think of what might cause that other than TV itself is faulty.

Try turning on the PC RGB 444 mode for one of the other HDMI ports (rename input label to PC) and see if that makes it work with PC or PS4.

Strange behavior, cant think of what might cause that other than TV itself is faulty.

Try turning on the PC RGB 444 mode for one of the other HDMI ports (rename input label to PC) and see if that makes it work with PC or PS4.

Would you mind briefly describing how can I do so? Also, thanks for replying!

Regards,

Lukas

Rename the HDMI input label to PC in LG input manager.

But I thought you might have done that already which is why the PC worked, if you havent and the PC is just using regular AV mode of the TV then using PC mode probably wont change anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom