3 or 5 rca compoment to scart?

spaced

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm am going to connect my DVD player to my tv via the component connection on my tv. It is currently connected via scart to scart. My DVD player is also an amp so has speakers connected. When connecting from the DVD scart to my tv component (which has 5 connections) do I get the 3 RCA to scart or 5 RCA to scart (which has the 3 video and 2 audio connections)?

What's the difference? What difference will/could it make?

The reason I am doing this is because during dark scenes on a dvd film the scenes are blurry as I think the DVD player can't keep up with the refresh rate of my plasma

Thanks

the component which is only the picture is three phono to 3 phono's. the other two phono will be the sound input. Hopefully there will be two phonos for sound output if not then you could use to sound phonos connected to the sound out of the scart.
However if you are always using your sound system and do not need the sound to come out of the TV's speakers there is no need to connect everything other than the leads for picture to it

I've just realised my DVD player/receiver has 3 RCA component connection. My plasma tv has 5 RCA. If I plug in a 3 RCA to 3 RCA, I won't get sound from the speakers in the tv, but will I still get sound from the speakers connected to the terminals on the DVD player/receiver?

Are you sure your DVD supports component out.
1. I doubt you will get component out from a Scart connection.
2. RCA's on your DVD are most likely Composite (this is not component) and a left and right audio.
What is the make and model number of your DVD system?

Forget the scart connection, that was before I realised the DVD had a component output. It's an LG HT304SU. Here is a screen shot of the manual showing "component" connection

image-3343215808.jpg

Here is also the web link to the PDF manual

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/d...5298-an-01-en-LG_HT_304SU_HEIMKINO_SYSTEM.pdf

On my LG plasma I have the 5rca connection which I used to connect my Xbox to. I no longer have the Xbox so this is why I am now thinking of buying a component cable and connecting the DVD player to the tv

What thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes should be fine 3 leads component picture only. then 2 more phonos if you want to send sound as well.

bow79 said:
Yes should be fine 3 leads component picture only. then 2 more phonos if you want to send sound as well.

Cheers dude. Cable should arrive tomorrow. Will let you know

The component cable worked a treat!! HD quality DVD and no blurring!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom