1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 now or wait??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by stormjai, Feb 26, 2005.

1. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I want to upgrade phone/ contract, but not sure if I should try one of the new 3G services...3, vodafone, o2.. or are they not fully established/expensive at present? Video calling would be good - to see my kids when I'm at work!

Or should I get normal contract and wait a year?

Any people getting decent/worthwhile 3G services?

Ta

Jai

2. bigfatsi

bigfatsi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It all really depends on what you want and where you are. If you live and work in a big town or city then most of the 3g's would be fine. But if you tend to go out to the sticks regularly it can be more of a problem. Companies like 3 have poor network coverage out of towns, poor customer service and the most godawful 'walled garden' approach to the internet, but if you want to mainly use it as a phone with the occasional video-call, are mainly in the towns then you can get a fancy phone for free with 750mins and 150 texts for £20/mth. The deals are out there, depends on what you want! Orange and Vodafone have (probably) better coverage/service but are more expensive. Ya pays yer money yer takes yer choice. Sorry to sit on the wall!!

Bigfatsi