• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3 New Face-Off Maps today

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I am sure that everyone already knows, but today we get a Special Ops mission, and 3 Face-Off maps, Vortex, Intersection and U-Turn.

This will bring me back to MW3 for a few minutes until I get shot in the face by snipers using their rifles at short range like a pistol and that realise how much I hate it and go back to BLOPS.

Jon

Last edited:

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Maps are in the "store" inside MW3 but they are in the main PSN store...

1. Search for "elite july"
2. Scroll down to "elite july drop" and download it
3. Scroll down to "elite july drop EN" and then you can download the 4 drops

Looks like IW forgot to update their store!

kchain

Established Member
Thanks for that ... was driving me nuts trying to find the new content :mad:

kchain

Established Member
and who was disappointed by them?

:laugh: I quite like Vortex and U-Turn but Intersection is a nightmare so I ended up going back to the original 4 Face-Off maps - although Aground is enough to make me rage quit when you go up against a couple of snipers :mad:

Nezben

Distinguished Member
So i downloaded the access key think from the PSN store.

Went into the game (updated to the latest patch) went into the store from the multplayer menu only to find that it is down for maintenance.
Shook my head, turned it off, wondered why i even bother loading this shamefully bad game up.

Tazbot

Distinguished Member
:although Aground is enough to make me rage quit when you go up against a couple of snipers :mad:

Then if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em :smashin:

I actually do well on this map, especially sniping - it seems that most just want to quick scope but I use stealth and tactics to out smart the blighters.

The other way is to run n gun and 'get in their faces' - most times it ******e$ them off. I've made a few rage quit :rotfl: but I've had my ar$e handed to me too so fair play.

kchain

Established Member
I would do but I suck at sniping :( .. although I do find a few well placed RPGs do tend to work wonders and gets the little zzLeeTSnIpeRzzz raging :laugh:

I also noticed on the Face-Off maps they seem to have removed domination from the playlist :mad:. As much as I like the other playlists 2v2 domination was the most fun - especially on Lookout.

Det

Distinguished Member
Did Anth already do a write up on the maps?

Was it something like "one is good, in fact it's the best one yet, but the other two are full of snipers and I hate them, but I'll play this game anyway" :rotfl: jk Anth.

Nezben

Distinguished Member
I finally downloaded them. I wont be playing the MP ones though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom