• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3 network

gabbyevs

Standard Member
can anyone tell me what they think of the three network

i dont really want it for video jsut think theyve got some good deals on and was wondering if voice calls were affected or if u vould just switch to 2g
also what have customer service been like

Throttle

Established Member
Ive been a customer with three before ended contract as no phones that they stocked i liked tbh lol and ivw now got a k800i with them on new contract :) .

I go various places with work or holidays in uk and never had no problems with signal maybe lost out on the 3g services but usually no problems the only bad points i found are the customer service being based mostly in india are hard to understand imo so its not very good when you cant sort problem as you cant understand them sometimes :thumbsdow

There handsets have a walled like setup you cant go to websites that arent on three internet or check regular email account on handset without paying a extra fee per month.

But the main thing is calls at end of day and ive personally been ok for signal where ever ive visited and there call centres are going more uk based from what ive read anyway so better still really :thumbsup:

I started a new contract with them so thats a recommendation ! :D and i wouldnt renew with 02 who have been constantly charging me for add ons ive never requested and get the usual dont worry about it will sort it out next bill add on still there 3rd month now :mad:
in my area orange seems to have gone poor on signal too where as used be good few friends have trouble with them now so id not join them either :thumbsdow

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
on a negative note 3 will be using orang.e as of the end of this year beginning of next under a new agreement they made, ending o2's roaming agreement
so your signal may drop throttle

Throttle

Established Member
No you dont need to switch anything also i heard about the 2g switch from 02 to orange but at home and most my regular work places its still in the 3g are so i should be ok :)

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
I had 3 a couple of years ago, & it was fine.

It was (at the time) simply the best provider for free minutes around, but when we moved (about 3 miles away) I couldn't get a 3 signal at home. :thumbsdow

No matter how hard I tried, & whichever way I faced I couldn't get any form of signal. :(

I lost count of the amount of times that on my way to work in the mornings, as soon as my phone picked up a signal it would start bleeping like a madman telling me I had loads of voicemails & texts from the night before that hadn't come through due to no signal. :mad:

It may be different now, but I thought I'd share my experience. :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom