3 month wait for HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Registered for HD yesterday . . email today saying "around 3 months" till install. . .

*** :mad: as a business they want customers waiting 3 months . . . . its a long time to wait for any product . .

Anyone know if phoning will reap any rewards or is the 3 months a standard thing and it actually takes 4 weeks??

:suicide:

Try this thread for all your sky-treat-existing-customers-shoddily needs.

Short version: email [email protected] complaining (nicely) about the long wait, and pray you don't get Kerry Walsh assigned to you as your CS rep. If you do - you'll be waiting up to 3 months, unless you cancel and sign up as a new customer (with a new name and bank acc. number). If you don't get Kerry, you might get it in a week.

Last edited:
Mine was less than 3 months even though that is what was quoted, in fact just checked back through my emails and I received that on 27 March and I had it installed on Monday so realistically 2 months. A couple of days before it was due I received an email saying it would be 1 to 3 weeks, I happened to check online a couple of days later and it was ready, I ordered it on the Thursday before bank holiday and they installed it on the bank holiday.

Thanks for above, ill email as suggested and let you know responses.

:thumbsup:

Hi CoS. I was also told 3 months but got mine installed in a little under 2. I rang up and said I wanted to cancel as I didnt want to wait that long and they said "ok no problem we have removed you from the upgrade waiting list!!" At that point I humbly said "whoooooaa there lets not be hasty etc etc". :rolleyes:

Good luck either way. I am well chuffed with mine.

Try this thread for all your sky-treat-existing-customers-shoddily needs.

Short version: email [email protected] complaining (nicely) about the long wait, and pray you don't get Kerry Walsh assigned to you as your CS rep. If you do - you'll be waiting up to 3 months, unless you cancel and sign up as a new customer (with a new name and bank acc. number). If you don't get Kerry, you might get it in a week.

Bummer - No wonder i've got nowhere - Just checked my multitude of e-mails back and forth and guess who's name is sprawled across the bottom as my CR rep :thumbsdow

Has anyone tried the cancellation route and then signed up as a new customer?

I know with quidco you can get 120 quid cashback.

Im really not interested in waiting 3 months for HD.

When I decided to upgrade to HD, I realised that as it was £49 to upgrade plus £30 install fee, I might just as well buy a box and do it myself. At least that way I could get the box of my choice (Pace) and get it done in a couple of days. Paid £120 on e-bay for a brand new Pace, and well happy with it.

Dave

I waited over 3 months for mine, ordered in February, installed a couple of weeks ago.

I waited over 3 months for mine, ordered in February, installed a couple of weeks ago.

if there is any people intrested in joining sky (as a new) customer i install hd for free and the box is £49 and i can install within 10 days from ordering :hiya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom