3 month wait for HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Registered for HD yesterday . . email today saying "around 3 months" till install. . .

*** :mad: as a business they want customers waiting 3 months . . . . its a long time to wait for any product . .

Anyone know if phoning will reap any rewards or is the 3 months a standard thing and it actually takes 4 weeks??

:suicide:

RostokMcSpoons

Try this thread for all your sky-treat-existing-customers-shoddily needs.

Short version: email [email protected] complaining (nicely) about the long wait, and pray you don't get Kerry Walsh assigned to you as your CS rep. If you do - you'll be waiting up to 3 months, unless you cancel and sign up as a new customer (with a new name and bank acc. number). If you don't get Kerry, you might get it in a week.

Last edited:

Espada

Standard Member
Mine was less than 3 months even though that is what was quoted, in fact just checked back through my emails and I received that on 27 March and I had it installed on Monday so realistically 2 months. A couple of days before it was due I received an email saying it would be 1 to 3 weeks, I happened to check online a couple of days later and it was ready, I ordered it on the Thursday before bank holiday and they installed it on the bank holiday.

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Thanks for above, ill email as suggested and let you know responses.

:thumbsup:

feffers

Standard Member
Hi CoS. I was also told 3 months but got mine installed in a little under 2. I rang up and said I wanted to cancel as I didnt want to wait that long and they said "ok no problem we have removed you from the upgrade waiting list!!" At that point I humbly said "whoooooaa there lets not be hasty etc etc". :rolleyes:

Good luck either way. I am well chuffed with mine.

stevefish69

Try this thread for all your sky-treat-existing-customers-shoddily needs.

Short version: email [email protected] complaining (nicely) about the long wait, and pray you don't get Kerry Walsh assigned to you as your CS rep. If you do - you'll be waiting up to 3 months, unless you cancel and sign up as a new customer (with a new name and bank acc. number). If you don't get Kerry, you might get it in a week.

Bummer - No wonder i've got nowhere - Just checked my multitude of e-mails back and forth and guess who's name is sprawled across the bottom as my CR rep :thumbsdow

wd2762

Standard Member
Has anyone tried the cancellation route and then signed up as a new customer?

I know with quidco you can get 120 quid cashback.

Im really not interested in waiting 3 months for HD.

DaveNE11

Standard Member
When I decided to upgrade to HD, I realised that as it was £49 to upgrade plus £30 install fee, I might just as well buy a box and do it myself. At least that way I could get the box of my choice (Pace) and get it done in a couple of days. Paid £120 on e-bay for a brand new Pace, and well happy with it.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom