3 great packages, whch one is best?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by GodAtum, Dec 26, 2011.

1. GodAtum

GodAtum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. helder

helder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I would say the first one but still not perfect. The BX5 package would be fine but not with the Onkyo receiver. If you have or you're planning to add a good subwoofer you could save some cash by sticking to the Monitor Audio BX5 and pair it with a Yamaha amp from the V6xx series or even any from the Denon AVR 19xx range. If you wanna be a bit more adventurous you can always try the V7xx range or the AVR 23xx but you might not even be able to tell the difference.

Bear in mind that you probably gonna want to upgrade in the future and to prevent you from having to change the whole setup you could at least try getting the best receiver you can afford atm.

To me the BX6 are a bit of a waste of money seen that you can get the RX6 for just a bit more and they are on a different level. The BX5 are amazing speakers (I own a pair), very detailed but can sound bright, with music especially, so pair it wisely.

Best of luck ;)

3. tommy060289

tommy060289
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you won't get a single reply on here that doesn't say 'well go to a dealer and listen to the systems yourself:D' you might find you can't tell a blind bit of difference between any of them or you might find that the pioneer system blows the others so far out the water that you can't resist the extra £500.

Both those amps are two of the most highly regarded on this forum so your hardly going wrong with any of them and as for the speakers I can't really say as I don't have experience but it probably comes down to this.

How much are you willing the pay for the airplay functionality (you could add an apple airport express base station to the onkyo for about £85 to give you airplay) and which do you like the look of. Personally I think the Onkyo is pretty ugly (not that the pioneer is a great looker either) and the speakers in the third package are hideous. I know I certainly wouldn't have them in my house even if they sounded twice as good!

4. GodAtum

GodAtum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for all the advice. I'm really stuck with whats on the sales atm as there are some good bargains to be had.

I think I'm going to go to for VSX-2021 as Richer Sounds are doing it for £599 atm.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011