3 from last night

Biscuit761

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out for a wander with the 50mm f1.8 on the D50 and nothing else, was looking for tulips but in the end took a few other things instead

Gate-top.jpg

An intersting spike on the gate to the cemetary

Dandelion-april-07.jpg

A nice dandielion seed head

Yellow-daisys.jpg

Some yellow daisy's (I think)

Now three tulip shots that I have decided to show

Yellow-tulip-on-blue-2.jpg

Yellow-tulip-on-blue.jpg

Pink-tulip.jpg

And now for something interesting - spotted in town last night

Vantage.jpg

Finally something a bit different, taken on the way home from work, bit of cropping and p/p

Furrows.jpg

Liked the lines.

Bill

Love the last one Bill. Would be even better IMHO if the foreground was in focus to lead you in, alternatively you could crop out that out of focus area and get away with it very successfully. :thumbsup:

like the framing, which program did you use:thumbsup:

like the framing, which program did you use:thumbsup:
...quite like the pictures as well...
They are more than 3 though:cool: ( I know ..you meant the tulips :D)
The OOF Tulip in the foreground in the second tulip shot is a bit distracting IMO: What do you reckon?

I was taking some of these the other day (when I took the pegs photo) and struggled to get the DoF right. In the end I was at f/5.6 to get all of the seed heads in focus but then the background wasn't OOF enough for what I wanted. I couldn't move the dandelion as there was only one in our garden :laugh:

This could have been improved with a deeper DoF to keep the entire head in focus and sharp in my opinion.

Like the last one too :smashin:

I like the blue background on those yellow tulips - nice complementarty colour combo.

Love all of these. Really strong. I actually prefer the first furrows one. Maybe it's because the lines are longer rather than because the foreground is blurred, but either way I prefer it.
Favourites 4th and last.

Lovin' the furrows pic's. Favourite is the last one. Pin-sharp and great perspective with the furrow lines. Are the first furrows pic's showing some barrel distortion or is it an optical illusion? Probably just me.

Not bad biscuit. First one's the favourite for me, nice and sharp, good bokeh, I like the spiderswebs. Good, muted colours. I can see this on my wall somewhere. It's tilted the tiniest bit from left to right, can you sort that out for me? :p

I'd have given the dandylion another stop of exposure - at the moment it's grey instead of white and doesn't stand out well against the dark background.

The 2nd tulip shot is my favourite but I'm not really taken by any of them if I'm honest - nice colours, nice bokeh but none of them grab me.

The furrows are really good - very simple and well executed. What's the sky doing? Was it really like that? Effective either way.

Good shooting :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom