3 From Hell (Rob Zombie, US UHD October 2019)

IGC

Loved 1000 Corpses and Rejects and disliked everything else he's done since so I hope this is worth my time.

First I heard about this was today.

UPC: 031398308027

£18.24 so far at WowHD www.wowhd.co.uk/3-from-hell/031398308027 pretty sure that'll be sub £15 on release.

The UK is getting a Blu-ray only from what I can gather.

This Australia artwork for Rejects/100 Corpses made me laugh for some reason :D

Last edited:

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Cool ... I thought this might be HD only :thumbsup:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member

Loved 1000 Corpses and Rejects and disliked everything else he's done since so I hope this is worth my time.

First I heard about this was today.

UPC: 031398308027

£18.24 so far at WowHD www.wowhd.co.uk/3-from-hell/031398308027 pretty sure that'll be sub £15 on release.

The UK is getting a Blu-ray only from what I can gather.

This Australia artwork for Rejects/100 Corpses made me laugh for some reason :D
Definitely be getting the UHD
Wonder if Germany or anywhere will get a mediabook like they did with Rejects??
Time to start hunting

I LOVE that 2 disc set artwork, that's amazing...think I might have to pick that up as well

Neil

IGC

Proper pictures:

Little bit of irony there that the disc is made in Mexico.

IGC

UHD disc review

Watched the UK Blu-ray. Enjoyed the first hour but struggled after that. 2 hours is way too much.

The Captain is in it, obviously he was too unwell or died so they had to do a bit of rewriting or most likely just editing as there's loose ends.

Damn strong cast for that first hour too.

6/10.

IntelliVolume

Rented the DVD of this for tonight; not a big Zombie fan, especially after what he did to Carpenter's original Halloween, but tis the season for watching these horror flicks so figured I'd give it a go (I wasn't really big on House of 1000 Corpses or Devil's Rejects, either)...

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Just watched it.

ok film 6/10

not the quality of rejects but enjoyable all the same.

picture was fairly good & had some decent moments in 4K but hardly demo material.

IntelliVolume

I wouldn't have expected the 4K to look that great; Zombie was going for a "grindhouse" kind of look with this, what with the "beat up" film stock elements and the purposeful damages in the image. The DVD was decent enough PQ wise, but I wouldn't have expected HD or even UHD to improve upon this for certain reasons.

As for the film, it was what I expected it to be; it was refreshing, in this day and age of censorship and overt offense of people with every move you make, to see such a graphic horror picture. The smokin' hot Moon Zombie was off the friggin' wall in this, and the whole thing just smacked of good "redneck torture horror," something that Tobe Hooper's original Texas Chainsaw Massacre launched in many respects.

IntelliVolume

UHD disc review

Watched the UK Blu-ray. Enjoyed the first hour but struggled after that. 2 hours is way too much.

The Captain is in it, obviously he was too unwell or died so they had to do a bit of rewriting or most likely just editing as there's loose ends.

Damn strong cast for that first hour too.

6/10.
Yes, the actor who played Spaulding passed away right after filming this, and was very ill during the filming, so his parts were limited; you can see how ill he was during the whole prison cell interview scene.

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't have expected the 4K to look that great; Zombie was going for a "grindhouse" kind of look with this, what with the "beat up" film stock elements and the purposeful damages in the image. The DVD was decent enough PQ wise, but I wouldn't have expected HD or even UHD to improve upon this for certain reasons.

As for the film, it was what I expected it to be; it was refreshing, in this day and age of censorship and overt offense of people with every move you make, to see such a graphic horror picture. The smokin' hot Moon Zombie was off the friggin' wall in this, and the whole thing just smacked of good "redneck torture horror," something that Tobe Hooper's original Texas Chainsaw Massacre launched in many respects.

I was expecting the picture quality to be really poor if I am honest.

As noted - whilst far from (remotely far from lol) demo quality, there were certain aspects which benefitted from 4k and in particular HDR. There were a few occasions where I noticed the picture quality as being 4k-esque ..... but there is much to the film that is VERY bizarre looking and Zombie did indeed go for a gritty look - crazily so in some scenes :)