1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 components to rgb scart or to 3 components

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by lutek lobster, Jan 19, 2005.

1. lutek lobster

lutek lobster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sony DAVs300 dvd system has no scart. It does have a a 3 component video/audio out. I would like to wire this directly to my Philips LCD but I also need to send the dvd signal to a splitter for multi room accesss.

I'm thinking that I don't want to send the signal from my dvd through a splitter on the way to the lcd, so I'm considering a direct link to the LCD, but where does that leave me with the splitter...screwed.

My idea, and I would love your views, is to try to buy a 3 cable component output linked to an rgb scart (TV) and a 2 cable input(splitter). Do they exist ? This way I get a direct link to the lcd.

Any alternatives? Would I be better off getting a 3 component output to a 6 component input? My LCD supports 3 component and rgb scart.

Thanks everyone

2. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I might be wrong here but i dont think the davs 300 had component out only composite and svideo.
    Are the outputs your looking at red white and yellow? If so they're probably audio and composite video connections.

3. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you could use the svideo to the LCD(not sure if your LCD has this though) that would give the best picture compared to composite, your only other way out would be via the composite to what ever else it is you want connecting. If the second set doesn't have composite in, you can add a scart attachment to the end and put it into the second set that way.
    Other wise i'm afraid your pretty limited.

4. lutek lobster

lutek lobster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lobster red with shame...now you know I'm a total idiot when it comes to this stuff.

You are right, the dav has: 2 x stereo audio/composite video inputs; composite and S-video outputs; 1 x VCR recording output; FM/AM antenna terminals; headphone jack.

So what should I be looking for to get a direct signal from this to both a splitter and a scart? I guess my lcd (37pf9986) doesn't have component either but composite inputs on the side (this now makes sense to me, as the tv manual suggests using this for a video camera as opposed to anything else).

Thanks,