1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 AMPS - Which one?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by quarg, Sep 15, 2003.

1. quarg

quarg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

About to buy an amp to match with Pioneer 360 and Eltax liberty 5.1 speakers but a tad confused.

I have narrowed the choice to the following which are in my price range:

1. Denon 1603

2. Yamaha HTR5540

3 Pioneer VSXC301

There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference between the 3. however the Pioneer has 4 Scart connectors.

Basically does anyone have any views and is having 4 Scarts a definite advantage.

Thanks for your help.

2. pobrien31

pobrien31
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi quarg,

I can't comment on the other 2, but I can definatley recommend the Pioneer VSX-C301.

I'm no audiophile, but with decent cabling and a set of new KHT 1005 speakers, (sub+5 sats) my budget came in at around £850.

I did like and had the sponds for the new 812 model, but for the average sized front room I don't think I would have been doing it any justice.

I'm still waiting on some speaker stands from my dealer as KEF are not shipping them until late Spetember.

The set up was a breeze, I had plenty of help from the peeps on this forum for the correct set up of the dials on the back of the sub, phase adjust, cross over frequency etc...

One thing I would say, and was recommended to me by several people, even though there a four scart sockets on the rear, I have connected my Sony intergrated DVD/Video player directly into the AV1 scart on the Sony 32" TV. Something to do with it being the only dedicated signal into the TV producing a better picture, which I have to agree with.

Hope that helps!!!

Regards,

Pat.

3. quarg

quarg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Pat, very helpful.