• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3.80 Downgrade?

Hulligan

Prominent Member
Hi guys.

Just bought myself a 2nd hand FAT PSP cheap, and when i bought it it had some games on the memory card that worked fine.

I stupidly went and upgraded it to 3.80 last night and now none of the games on the stick are showing up!

How do i go about downgrading the firmware? Is it even possible?

Im a total no0b when it comes to PSP stuff, so any help would be great! :lease:

Coldgunner

Established Member
only way at the moment is the pandoras battery hack, but you need a spare battery and a friend with a modded psp

Hulligan

Prominent Member
Gutted. I dont know anyone with a Modded PSP or a "Pandoras" battery..

Is there any games that will work with the 3.80 firmware or am i SOOL?

un1eash

Distinguished Member
No backed up games will work with 3.80 as its not a custom firmware. It is possible to downgrade but like mentioned you need a pandoras battery.

Hulligan

Prominent Member
have alook here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6081851&postcount=6 this should be all you need and a relatively cheap option

I've just found a guy posting on a psp website stating he's willing to do free psp firmware downgrades/custom firmware in his local area, which also happens to be my local area, so hopefully he'll be able to sort me out, but if not this could come in handy.

Has anyone tried these, and can confirm they work? How about the site, they legit too?

dub007

Established Member
Hi i have a psp with the latest firmware version 3.95!! can i install the custom firmware which is 3.90 or am i stuffed:rolleyes:

xist

Established Member
All current PSP's can have custom firmware installed irrespective of their current fw....so no, you're in the same boat as everyone else who has bought a PSP with OFW!

dub007

Established Member
All current PSP's can have custom firmware installed irrespective of their current fw....so no, you're in the same boat as everyone else who has bought a PSP with OFW!

:rolleyes:so no i can't or yes i can lol!!! are you saying i can have both on there at the same time?

denakor

Standard Member
if i have a friend that wants to down grade and hack can i put the files on my memory card and give it to him to do it or would i need his psp? mines the psp 2000 BTW:confused::confused::confused:

Scotty

Prominent Member
if i have a friend that wants to down grade and hack can i put the files on my memory card and give it to him to do it or would i need his psp? mines the psp 2000 BTW:confused::confused::confused:

The Magic Memory (MM) stick can be created on most PSP including the 2000 as long as you use an application like Rain's Ultralite MMS Maker
But that’s only half the solution you also need a Pandora Battery a special battery that places the PSP into service mode and allows the MM to load Custom Firm Ware (CFW)
You can buy these as DATEL tools or a DATEL service tool will change a standard battery to a Pandora and back again

quick guide

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom