3.5mm to coax (apple airport to Sony HT)

marky2027

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to connect my newly ordered Apple Airport to Sony DAV system. I want to use coax as my Sky HD is connected to home theatre via optical and I want the airport to have priority. Excuse my ignorance here but can a simple adapter like this Phono Socket to 3.5mm Mono Adapter Only £1.89 at TVCables carry the digital signal along with this cable
1.5m Digital Audio Coaxial Cable - Phono Only £4.07 at TVCables
I have seen some digital coax cables with one end terminating in a 3.5mm minijack but they are quite pricey. I do realise that I could use an optical cable witha TOSlink to 3.5mm adapter but I wanted to use coax.

Thanks for reply but I think I have sorted it. The airport only outputs digital via optical cable with a small toslink adapter. I need coax into my system though. I have since found a box of tricks that will convert optical in to coax out which will enable digital coax into my home theatre.

I thought that may be the case and why I asked about the Airport! It seemed that the 3.5mm jack was stereo analogue output.

no, airport express is analogue and digital.

Ah, OK, didn't realise that one of the ubiquitous Apple adapters would also give optical digital as well as analogue stereo.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom