3.5mm - phono dig cable - WHERE?

Lighty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have an audigy player card that can apparently be wired from the 3.5mm jack to an AC-3/DD input on an amp.

can anyone help me obtaining such a cable?

otherwise i might have to buy 3 x 3.5mm - 2xRCA and use the 6.1 inputs on my amp....

cheers:

You need a mono mini jack - Phono (RCA) adapter and standard digital phono - phono coax cable. The last time I looked the adapter cost 52p from RS (http:\\rswww.com)

Jeff

You could obtain a mono mini-jackplug to phono socket adapter, then use a standard phono-to-phono lead. The adaptor is a fairly standard bit of gear; my local hifi shop has them for £1.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Hi
I am using a mono mini jack to phono on the digital outut on a audigy soundcard. I get DD, DTS pass through no probs.

If you are using your amp for DD and DTS and the like you will need to turn of the DD decoding off on the soundblaster.

Its in the speaker setup under settings/untick AC-3 decode.

bret
Nope i only use the IDE cable. I can never be bothered with conecting the others.

So all that is connected to my DVD drive is the IDE cable and the power cable.

thanks guys

is there anyone prepared to help me out on the plug side?
i'd quite happily send a cheque for the parts to anyone who can source the little fella!

thanks

sean

Also like Bert said there WILL be a shop near you that sells them.

I most certainly did not say that. How could I make such a categorical statement?

It's possible that a local hifi-bits-type shop would have the adaptor, but emphatically not certain. I was lucky that mine did, but the owner had to dig around in a little-used drawer and was surprised when he actually came up with it. It's not exactly a high-demand item.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom