1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.5m minijack loose wire

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GJC, May 21, 2004.

1. GJC

GJC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I have a pair of sony Ex70 which I prefer over my 71's as the 71's tend to pop at lowish volumes. Problem is I cant use the 70's now due to the wire on the minijack intermittently (spelling?) cutting out the sound. THe sound is now non-existant. SO....

Is there anyway of replacing the minijack so that I can use them again, seems a shame to bin them.

I will be looking into buying some e2c's for around £60 - can anyone tell me what the sound quality is like compared to the Sony 70's and 71's?

From what I have read (dont quote me) -

70's 106db's
    71's 100db's
    Sure E2c 106db's

--- Max spl not an issue but I have noticed a lack of grunt between the 70 & 71's which only becomes an issue when pushed.

---

Regards,

GJC

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    You can buy 3.5mm Jack plugs from Maplin or CPC. Replacing them is not very difficult if you have a small soldering iron and sharp side cutters or a small stanley knife to strip the wires. Some solder will help also.

Cheers, Mylo