Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

3.5m minijack loose wire

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by GJC, May 21, 2004.

1. GJC

GJC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I have a pair of sony Ex70 which I prefer over my 71's as the 71's tend to pop at lowish volumes. Problem is I cant use the 70's now due to the wire on the minijack intermittently (spelling?) cutting out the sound. THe sound is now non-existant. SO....

Is there anyway of replacing the minijack so that I can use them again, seems a shame to bin them.

I will be looking into buying some e2c's for around £60 - can anyone tell me what the sound quality is like compared to the Sony 70's and 71's?

From what I have read (dont quote me) -

70's 106db's
    71's 100db's
    Sure E2c 106db's

--- Max spl not an issue but I have noticed a lack of grunt between the 70 & 71's which only becomes an issue when pushed.

---

Regards,

GJC

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    You can buy 3.5mm Jack plugs from Maplin or CPC. Replacing them is not very difficult if you have a small soldering iron and sharp side cutters or a small stanley knife to strip the wires. Some solder will help also.

Cheers, Mylo