1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3/5 channel power amps. Long question.

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by philmate, Nov 26, 2003.

1. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi guys/girls... I have a Nad C370 stereo amp and a Yam E-800 but am looking into investing in a newer processor and a 3 or 5 channel power amp, new or 2nd hand/ ex-dem. E -800 to be used intially if outputs allow for processor only , until funds emerge for upgrade. New processor either Rotel or new Nad (T163, no price found) Rotel 2nd hand or ex- dem. Quite happy with the Nad at the moment for stereo but can a 3 or 5 channel amp be switched to two channel, if I prefer the stereo sound of it. if not then I would use it for C,Lr and Rr and the 370 for stereo . If a 5 channel would be as good, then I would sell the 370. I would like to audition at home but any help would be most appreciated..2nd hand ex dem would be ok with me. Not worried about DVD audio or SACD, I THINK.:confused: Would these upgrades be worthwhile, it's not a dedicated A/V room. Front three speakers are IPL M3tl L and R, IPL AVC2 centre and Eltax htp2 bi-polars as rears, IPL sub but want (drool) an SVS, still trying to convince the other arf.
    Kind regards
    Phil.:boring:

2. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do I smell?.

3. Noodle

Noodle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I doubt you smell, but I don't really understand the question.

:confused: