• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3.1 upgrade, loss of signal, Ultrasn0w cured

[email protected]

I was trying to find the thread where people who had upgraded to 3.1 were complaining about lousy phone signal afterwards. I was one - upgraded and jailbroke this afternoon with with the latest Pwnage version, 3.1.3. The signal disappeared to one bar, then none at all.

Worse still, my landline has gone down as I was changing over to Virgin Media, and the engineer ran out of time and light to fix it. So I had no phone at all.

Anyhow I thought I would run Ultrasn0w to try my Orange sim instead of my 02 one. But before I could swap the sims I noticed I suddenly have five bars. This is directly after running Ultran0w. No coincidence I think.

Just thought I'd share...

StevieDvd

I seem to recall reading that you have to run ultrasnow if you use a customised firmware to jailbreak. Will check the links I have at home later.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom