2XL Trophylite Rally HD

Looks superb! 2XL have squeezed some incredible performance out of the iPad (and the iPhone version) and this looks as nice as many console games.

Only thing for me watching the vids was a little lack of physics when the cars land of jumps, they just seem to hit the ground and carry on which is a shame (and others have pointed this out too, so hopefully it can be patched).

Other than that, loads of modes, leaderboards etc and a hella lot of polish.

That said, I've spent so much on apps recently, I dont know if I want to shell out another £7 with PES due to land any day, GTA is due soon too...

Argentofan

It's superb - Been playing it for a couple of hours now, and it's really impressive, and well worth the dosh...

Graphics are at least as good as Real Racing HD, and I think I prefer the handling. I altered the controls so that break is on my left thumb and drive is on my right thumb - works a treat. The controls are excellent, and feel like they should, but are geared towards arcade more than sim (although I have left the driving assists on at the mo....).

Only downside (if you can call it that), so far, is that it's rally driving - ie - against times instead of packs of cars... You can catch up other cars who are ahead of you on the track, but so far it's like the early Codemasters rally games, crossed with Dirt's tracks and jumps.

It's superb - Been playing it for a couple of hours now, and it's really impressive, and well worth the dosh...

Graphics are at least as good as Real Racing HD, and I think I prefer the handling. I altered the controls so that break is on my left thumb and drive is on my right thumb - works a treat. The controls are excellent, and feel like they should, but are geared towards arcade more than sim (although I have left the driving assists on at the mo....).

Only downside (if you can call it that), so far, is that it's rally driving - ie - against times instead of packs of cars... You can catch up other cars who are ahead of you on the track, but so far it's like the early Codemasters rally games, crossed with Dirt's tracks and jumps.

Thanks for the preview!

I dont mind it being 'time trials' as such, as long as its done well. Is there any onscreen indication of how far you are behind/infront.

Also, what is the career mode like and have you tried any of the online features like the leaderboard?

Need to see a bit of value in this game besides looking pretty, before I shell out.

Would also like to see more effects like smoke, dust etc as it looks a bit flat at the moment, but minor niggles.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom