1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2x teleconverter lens for camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by applegate, Jul 21, 2002.

1. applegate

applegate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Canon Optura 100MC for which I have considered purchasing a telephoto converter lens. Canon makes the TL-43 lens which gets you 1.4X. But other manufacturers apparently make 2X converters, and this is more like the increase I was thinking of. This idea would require me to use a 43mm-to-46mm adapter ring, which is no biggie (its only like $7 US for the adapter)

I just wonder if there are any problems with going this route. For example, does placing the lens at a greater distance than that designed for the lens (by having to use the adapter ring) add aberrations? Does it change the effective focal length so that I'm not really going to get 2X, but something less?

I would appreciate any insight anyone has regarding this.

Thanks.

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All good quallity lenses will work with your auto-focus etc. the only problem, is on some of these lenses vignetting occurs. this is the cutting off of corners making the viewing area look more rount.
    Drafter