For Sale 2x Flight of the Concords tickets, Manchester Arena, Fri 23/Mar/2018

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by jfinnie, Oct 28, 2017.

1. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    I purchased 2 x "Ticketmaster VIP" tickets for FOTC in Manchester on Fri 23/Mar/2018.

I really wanted London but it looked like that wasn't going to happen as they'd all gone to scalpers from what I could see. So I settled for these at Manchester Arena. Block E seated, row H, seats 9 and 10. Pretty much bang in the centre of the floor section, should be a good view. The tickets cost me £120 each from Ticketmaster direct, plus booking fee and postage - these are not re-sold tickets.

Rough location from this website:
    Manchester Arena - View from Seat Block E

Anyway, as luck would have it (well, not really, it's cost me a fortune, I wish I had stopped looking) a couple of really good tickets came up afterwards for the London show they opened on the Sunday as an additional date. So I have the Manchester tickets up for sale.

I've put them up for sale on a scalping website suitably priced to cover my perceived risk from such sites; but I'd prefer to sell them at face value to a real fan.

The tickets are not in hand yet, and Ticketmaster are suitably vague about when they'll send them out. I would propose a BT deposit paid of £100 for them for me to remove them from sale, with the balance payable when I have them in hand and they are dispatched via RMSD. I'm only interested in doing a deal on this basis with well established members.

The price quoted (£250 for the two tickets delivered) covers the purchase cost and my shipment out via RMSD.

Price and currency: £125 each, sold as a pair.
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: BT - deposit pending ticket arrival
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,583
    Sorry until these are in hand you aren’t permitted to sell them. Please archive and relist when applicable.

Thanks

3. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    I did check the rules and couldn't see a problem with this - is it an old rule which got taken out in the big trading rule change, or just precedent, or an interpretation of what is there? I'm certainly not trying to pick an argument here; I'd just like to know what exactly I've fallen foul of here as I try and trade by the book and I'm sure it could have other applications.

Appreciate mod decisions are exactly that and will of course archive, no problem, but I'd appreciate a reply first :)

4. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14,583
    Hi

Thank you for replying. The ownership issue fall foul of point number 2 below I believe. There have been many similar threads that are archived and I can point to towards preorders of the IPhone X as a very recent example;

General
    1. You must be over 18 to trade here.
    2. You may only trade your own personally owned items which are legal to sell in your country and for which the ownership is transferable according to their terms and

5. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,797
    Fine, no worries. I figured that as these have been paid for in full by me and I have a receipt for numbered seats already that they are mine and the ownership isn't in question, just their current location.

But if this is the interpretation with respect to concert tickets in this state I'm of course happy to follow. Thank you for posting back, I'll go back to trying to sell them via other means until I have the tickets in hand :)