• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2nd tuner in Sony VAIO VGX-XL 201?

M

markh1

I'm thinking of getting a windows media centre, at the moment I'm looking at Elonex Artisian LX (I know the company has gone bust), Acer Idea 510, Hi-Grade DMS Xtreme and Sony VAIO VGX-XL 201. I would like a PC with dual core processor so I can do video encoding in the background for a PDA but I would also like dual digital TV tuners which the Sony VAIO doesn't have. Can anybody tell me if they have manged to stick a second digital TV tuner in it and get it working with Windows media centre?

Mark

V

Vinnyboy

hello mark

I own a VGX-XL202 and i believe the build is exactly the same as the xl100. Therefore if you look at the thread for the XL100 it should help. I remember some people talking about putting a Hauppauge Nova TV tuner card in the spare PCI-E slot that all models (XL100, XL201 and XL202) have. From what I remember some of them managed to get it working in Media Center well. Check out the review, I know it's long but do a search under TV tuner or Hauppauge and you should be on the right track.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Vinny

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom