• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question 2nd Sub - Placement questions

purextc69

Established Member
Hi, I have attached a rather crude picture of the layout of my room. In the picture is the only place for a 2nd Sub.

It is approx 60-70cm closer than the other (3M away - although the picture is not to scale). Will this cause any issues in terms of hearing / feeling it first or will MCACC sort this out? Is that what the distance settings are for on the receiver?

Also I am looking at using one of the Monitor Audio wireless adapters for it: Wireless Link - anyone got any experience with this or something similar?

I will most likely be getting 2 x BK XLS400's.

Can anyone see any issues here at all that I probably have looked over? Thanks.

36046581091_bdcb52d7b7_o.png

MemX

Prominent Member
Room EQ Wizard (REW) has a tool in it that can identify the best location(s) for (a) sub(s) in a regular (i.e. rectangular) room but I'm not sure how that translates to non-rectangular rooms.

Once you have bought the sub, you may need to experiment with the position to get the best response at the seating area (so you are not sitting in a null). If you buy a microphone and download REW, you can measure the response empirically while moving the sub(s) around.

Electronic EQ should mean any distance differences are taken account of.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom