2nd sky+ in same room

T

Timmy B

Anyone have 2 sky+ in the same room? And if so, how do you use them via remote control?

1. I don't think that would work as the remotes use the same signal.

2. Just from a point of curiosity, why would you need two boxes?

Now that they have dropped the subscription, for another £200 and £10 mirror subscription you can have another sky+. Whack in a 120gig hard drive and you get 60 hours more time (my sky+ is always full), and another two feeds.

I just need to work out the remote thing.

timmy m8 after 12 months they will start the £10 fee again.regards nickj24

Timmy you're 'avin a larf aren'y you? Why on earth would you need two Sky+ boxes? :suicide: Surely a better solution is to add a dvd recorder

A good point wilber!!!Sky+ for another room but not the same!!!!! I could almost understand a 2nd box in the same room but why not get a second HD and swap them! or even get a panny DMR 100 or a DMR 50 and just use ram discs if you reallly want 2 in one room then the only way to do this would be manually block the IR reception of the one you didn't wnat to control there is another way but that requires a new TV LMK if you want details.

One idea would be to get two Sky Links.

Attach one to each Sky+ and secure the IR receiver into different corners.

Cover up the IR control on both Sky+'s.

You may need to build an open box around the IR links to block stray IR codes but this should allow you to point the remote control into a corner and only control 1 Sky+.

Guy

I'm with you Timmy B

The remotes are the problem.
New Sky+ boxes coming but don't know any details.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom