• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2nd Sky box in the loft

jonibegood

Standard Member
Hi everyone

Wondered if someone could give some advice?

I have a 4 bed house with aerial sockets in each room.

In the loft there is an 8 way Loft Box with the loft aerial going in and coax outputs going to each room.

I want to install my spare Sky + box in the loft so it can be viewed and controlled in all 4 of the rooms. I've got 2 spare feeds from the LNB into the loftspace and my multiroom viewing card.

I understand I need to buy 4 Sky TV Links for each of the TV's in the room but do I need anything else? Also, how should I connect the Sky + box to the Loftbox?

Thanks in advance.
John

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
u may need to change the loft box to one with digital bypass so that you can use the magic eyes in each room....:(

remember to use the rf2 ariel out on the sky box and turn the power on in the installer menu:)

MartinPickering

Prominent Member
It sounds as if what you have is not a "Loft Box" but a multi-output aerial amplifier. As stated, you'll need a SkyLink compatible distribution amplifier with so-called "bypass" that lets the remote control signal return to the Digibox.

The aerial signal must be fed to the aerial input on the Sky+ Digibox. The Digibox RF2 output must be connected to the SkyLink compatible distribution amplifier input, using connectors that pass DC. That amplifier then feeds the TV sets (via magic eyes) with the aerial signals AND the Sky signal.

jonibegood

Standard Member
thanks guys. It is an actual "loft box", nearly ready to go. Just waiting for some bits to arrive. I fI can sus this out next toy will be a media server.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom